Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Laptop






My cell phone camera doesn't take great shots, but this'll do. First is of the laptop itself, running Firefox on KDE 4. Second of the fingerprint scanner.

Stats:

Lenovo Thinkpad T61p
Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron KDE 4 Remix
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz 6144kb cache (each core) 800 MHz FSB
160 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
nVidia Quadro FX 570M 256MB
2 Gb PC-5700 667 MHz
Bluetooth/Wireless/Usual
Fingerprint Reader

Summary:

Despite Windows Vista's best attempts to stop me from shrinking the partition, I did it anyway, though I guess I'll have to "recover" Vista later, when I feel like a masochist and want to run Windows. That aside, Kubuntu works like a charm, so I'm pretty satisfied. Only regret is that I don't have enough time right now to do anything for Amarok, thanks again to school. Hope to have free time starting Tuesday.

No comments: