Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A week later... not much done...

A combination of school/life/compile issues have meant that I haven't done a lot. I added libgpod as an optional package to Amarok, and started to play around using the MediaDeviceCache in the MediaDeviceCollection but still haven't figured out how to get it to be run by Amarok automatically like Daap, so still a ways to go before I get something semi-functional.

I've decided I'm probably tossing out a lot of the old media device code, as it's being superceded by Meta and Collection stuff, and I have a feeling the ipod-specific code will be going away as well (that file is a nightmare =p ). The MediaBrowser was a good idea, but its code almost makes me want to cry, yet I'm still trying to figure out what to do on that.

But all that needs to be done now is a simple collection showing songs so I have something real to begin with.

After next week school ends, and more hacking can begin! =D

No comments: